In the UK, fencing competitions take place throughout the year both locally and further afield – some are closed competitions (for fencers in a particular age range, for those who are new to the sport, or based on location) while others are open to all-comers.
As a club, Foiled Again values the experience provided to its members by competitions and provides both practical support (including the loan of equipment) and advice.
Want to enter a competition?
- ask for advice from one of the coaches about what would be a good competition for you
- check who can enter – are you in the right age range or live in the right area?
- you will need British Fencing membership (see here for more details or speak to one of the coaches)
- you’ll need the equipment for the competition – Foiled Again can lend equipment (please speak to one of the coaches) but we are not able to provide either breeches or long socks, both of which are usually required
- make sure you don’t miss the closing date for entries
- make a note of the sign in time; if you turn up late you may not be able to compete
- have fun!
Competitions Coming Soon:
RAF 100 Fencing Open – 23rd and 24th June 2018
RAF Cosford, near Wolverhampton
Shropshire Open – 1st and 2nd September 2018
Wrekin College, Wellington, Shropshire
Entry details to follow.
Bedford Open Epee – 7th October 2018
Bunyan Sports Centre, Bedford
Cocks Moors Woods Epee (junior and senior competitions) – 10th November 2018
Billesley Indoor Tennis Centre, Kings Heath, Birmingham